REVISED SPORT SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY 8/29
Revised Schedule for sports scheduled to begin on Monday, 8/29
- The information area at the Jacob Javits Convention Center will open at 9:00 am
- Accreditation will be open from 2pm – 10pm
- Athletes Village will open at 2pm.
- Hurricane Survivors Party all night in the Athletes Village
Jacob Javits Convention Center (No Sport will begin before 2pm)
- Air Rifle: Rescheduled from Saturday to Monday 8/29 at 2pm.
- Badminton: Moved to Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Basketball (5x5): 2pm START. Please check the website and email for updated schedule
- Bench Press: Meeting at 4pm in Room 1E-09 (Combat Room) on the Lower Level. Competition to starts on Tuesday
- Body Building: THE EVENT HAS BEEN REVIVED. We will start at 2pm. Athletes should check in the back of the Athletes Village.
- Boxing: 2pm Weigh-ins and 4pm Athletes Clinic and Competitors Meeting in the Special Events Room (Hero’s Hall). Competition to
- Darts: 2pm Start in the Special Events Hall
- Judo: There will be a Judo meeting at 1pm to decide the future of Judo. Please be there. The meeting will be held in 1E-02
- Orienteering: Rescheduled to Thursday 9/1. Check the website for details
- Rowing – Indoor: Check-in and weigh-in at 3pm. Competition starts at 4pm
- Road Race: We are making an attempt to reschedule for Friday 9/2, however, this will not be a ½ Marathon, more likely to be a 10K
- Soccer – Indoor: Captain’s Meeting at 1pm on the court. Competition begins at 2pm
- Stair Climb: Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 3
- Table Tennis: 2pm Start
- Tae Kwon Do: Weigh-in at 5pm. Competition rescheduled from Sunday to Tuesday 8/30.
- Volleyball – Indoor: 2pm Start
- Wrestling: Weigh-in at 5pm in the Combat Arena on the court. Competition starts on Tuesday at 0800.
Randall’s Island Sports (All Team Sports will begin play on MONDAY 8/29)
- Rugby: All Teams need to be at the field for a meeting at 1000 hours. Hong Kong format round robin tournament – Field 74 & 75
- Soccer: Games begin at 12 noon. Schedule is posted on the web.
- Softball: HAS BEEN MOVED TO MITCHEL AND EISENHOWER PARKS – See Below
- Tennis: Moved to a Tuesday start – Please check USTA website and enter 100023511
- Track & Field: Starts at 12 noon with the exception of Decathlon which has been cancelled. Schedule has been posted.
- Ultimate Firefighter: Individual Competition has been move to Tuesday and Wednesday. Team event is on hold pending venue availability for Thursday.
TRI-State Sports (All Sports located outside of JJCC or Randalls Island)
- Angling Salt Water: Moved to Thursday 9/1 – same details as original confirmation letter
- Archery Field: As per original schedule – no changes - The 3D Competition originally scheduled for Sunday has been moved to Tuesday 8/30
- Baseball: Start time has been moved to 12 noon due to field repairs. Check-in at 11am
- Cycling: All cycling events are being rescheduled to try to fit as many of the original competitions as possible into the remaining days. Please continue to check the website for updates.
- Golf: There is no Golf on Monday. Schedule is posted for Tues, Wed, and Thurs on website
- Handball 1 Wall: Moved to Tuesday and Wednesday
- Ice Hockey: All Hockey information can be obtained at www.wpfgnyhockey.com – SPECIAL ADVISORY – THERE WILL BE NO HOCKEY PLAYED AT HACKENSACK TOMORROW DUE TO A POWER OUTAGE
- Lawn Bowls: Moved to Wed, Thurs, Fri 8/31, 9/1, 9/2
- Paintball: Moved to Tuesday 8/30
- PAP: Postponed. Range is flooded. We are trying for Tuesday
- Pocket Billiards: Day 1 as per original schedule
- Police Service Dogs: Day 1 (General Competition) CANCELLED
- Racquetball: Moved to Tuesday and Wednesday 8/30 and 8/31
- Rifle- Small Bore - No Competition on Monday. May have a new venue for Tues. Stay tuned.
- Sailing: Postponed - Rescheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday 8/30 and 8/31 pending approval of Merchant Marine Academy and weather permitting
- Softball: Men’s Open - Moved to Mitchel Field – See Sport link for directions. Will be held Tues, Wed, Thurs 8/31-9/1
- Softball: Senior Men’s - Moved to Tuesday and Wednesday
- Softball: Women’s - Will be compressed to a 1 day tournament held in Eisenhower Park on Tuesday 8/30. Check Sport link for directions and details – Finals will be played at Mitchel Field.
- Squash: Begins on MONDAY 8/29 at 12pm. Will be compressed to a 2 day tournament – Revised Schedule is available on website
- Swimming: Condensed to a 2 day competition on Tuesday and Wednesday at Lehman College. 0700 check-in
- Tennis at Mill Pond Park: Moved to Tuesday. Check USTA Website.
- Trap: As per original schedule
Meeting schedule for Monday 8/29 – All Meeting to be held in 1E02 (Lower Level)
- Judo – 1pm
- Flag Football - 3pm
- Lacrosse – 4pm
- Dodgeball – 5pm
- Muster – 7pm
** Indoor Soccer on the courts at 1pm